We are seeking one appropriate person for the position of Project Manager or Project Coordinator
Liberty Institute is an independent think tank dedicated to empowering people by striving to enhance the scope of political, economic and civic freedoms. Recognition and respect for property rights is the keystone of any free society. In partnership with other organisations and individuals, the Institute is aiming to build the capacity of rural communities to document their claims over land and local resources, under the Right to Property initiative.
Project Manager / Project Coordinator
The position includes the following tasks and duties:
- Build and nurture a network of grassroots organizations and village community leaders to expand the reach of the Right to Property initiative on Forest Rights Act (FRA)
- Develop information and training modules for partners at different levels – civic activist, NGO, Community leaders
- Coordinate and organize workshops aimed at appropriate target groups to take forward the Right to Property (RTP) initiative
- Find and reach out to civic activists and NGOs who may be working on FRA, or may have an interest in this issue
- Identify and coordinate with relevant government officials particularly at the panchayat, block and district levels
- Ensure smooth administration of the initiative, along with its accounts and other documentation
- Coordinate with the IT vendors to ensure that the platform functions smoothly
- Oversee the data processing, and ensuring quality of the data, and generate relevant reports
- Develop an understanding of the FRA, and other aspects of land and property rights
Qualifications: Candidates must have
- Minimum five years’ work experience as a Project manager / Project coordinator with a reputed organisation.
- Experience in project implementation
- Experience in working with civil society groups
- Interest in social issues
- Relevant graduate degree or post graduate degree
- Excellent communication skill in English and Hindi
- Good knowledge of computer and general functions are essential, and the capacity to learn the IT tools being used in the project would be necessary
- Willingness to travel to remote rural areas in India
What we offer:
- An interesting and challenging position within an international context.
- A work environment with intellectual openness.
- A position with a high degree of self-responsibility and room for initiative.
- Travels and training in India and abroad.
- A competitive compensation package.
We are offering a one-year contract subject to renewal.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in working for a liberal institution, a transparent and comprehensive photo CV, copies of educational degrees and references/list of references, latest by April 25, 2015. Only short-listed applicants will be notified.
4/8 Sahyadri, Plot 5, Sector 12, Dwarka
New Delhi 110078.